The end of a season for a particular sport will be when that team has completed its schedule and no further competition by HLWW High School teams has been scheduled by the conference, region, or state. The purpose of this statement is:
1. To eliminate a player from being scheduled to practice in a completed sport and to allow the individual to start preparation for the next sport season.
2. To allow coaches with consecutive coaching assignments to be available immediately for the next coaching assignment.
3. To eliminate the conflict of determining priority in the scheduling of facilities.
Therefore, the following guidelines for scheduling will be followed:
1. Games and events will take priority over practices and rehearsals.
2. In-season activities shall take precedence over out-of-season activities.
3. Teams entering their post-season events shall take precedence over teams beginning their seasons.
Evaluation has been developed for the following reasons:
1. To help the coach assess performance and ascertain areas of strength and weakness.
2. To provide an objective and comprehensive record for an evaluation of coaching effectiveness which can be used as one of the criteria when reappointment is being considered.
3. To reflect on an acceptable system-wide philosophy of the activities department.
4. To serve as a guide for constructive supervision.
Guidelines for evaluation are:
1. The head coach will be evaluated annually by the Activities administration.
2. The head coach evaluates assistant coaches yearly with supplementary evaluations done by the Activities Administration.
3. Head coach must complete a self-evaluation to be shared with the Activities Director
TERMS OF COACHING/ADVISING LETTER OF ASSIGNMENT
All coaching/advising assignments shall be for one school year. Letters of Assignment shall be executed according to the adopted salary schedule. Fall coaches/advisors should notify the Activities Director or Activities Coordinator in writing regarding their interest in returning the following season at time of evaluation meeting, or on or before January 1. Winter/spring coaches/advisors must notify the Activities Director at time of evaluation or on or before June 1.