PARTICIPANT AWARDS POLICIES
HLWW has an awards program consisting of chenilles, numerals, and certificates that provide the participant with a tangible memento of each season in which he/she participates.
A. The Varsity Chenille
1) The first time a participant earns a letter for varsity level competition in any sport/activity, he/she will be awarded the varsity chenille ( “L”).
2) Only one chenille will be awarded to a participant. If they do not get their chenille L, ask Kayti in the Activities office.
3) You can purchase the fabric activity patch separately. See the form below.
B. Individual Awards:
1) The Activities Director must approve awards.
2) Each head coach may use his/her discretion in determining what to recognize with these plaques. Among the possible recipients are captains, MVPs, Most Improved, Most Dedicated performers, etc.
3) Coaches wishing to develop a more specific awards policy for their sport must submit a request in writing to the Activities Director.
A.) Participants will be given lettering information each season by their advisor.
A. All sports have in common the following standards:
1) The participant must complete the entire season.
2) Any senior who has participated for at least two years will be awarded a varsity letter.
3) The coaching staff may use discretion in determining award winners.
4) The participant must take part in practices to improve his/her own quality and development of the team.