1. It is the responsibility and obligation of the school district to staff its co-curricular programs. Staff will be assigned as equitably as possible to correspond with student participation, program levels, and conference, region, or state standards subject to available resources and budget.
1. During the sport/activity season, it is absolutely necessary for coaches to check their mail/message box daily.
2. In addition, the mailbox should be checked daily through the remainder of the year.
3. Coaches should check their voice-mail boxes and e-mail messages periodically and respond to them in a timely manner.
PAYMENT OF COACHING/ADVISING STIPEND
1. All coaches/advisors are expected to remain involved for the length of their season.
2. Payment for extended seasons for post-season athletic play will be issued according to the provisions of the current master contract.
3. Lump-sum payments will be distributed on the first payday following the conclusion of the assignment.
INJURY WHILE COACHING/ADVISING
If you are injured while coaching/advising you must report the injury immediately to the Activities Office.
A “First Report of Injury” form needs to be completed and sent to the Athletic Director's office.
POST-SEASON ATHLETIC TOURNAMENT POLICIES
The provisions of the Master Contract concerning post-season competition will be followed subject to the following interpretations:
A. Additional compensation will be paid on a weekly basis (every 7 days) following the second round contest at a rate of $275 for the head coach and $125 for one assistant coach.
B For sports in which team titles are based upon individual advancement (i.e. cross country, track and field). It will be considered a team advancement if the team wins the section/region.
1) If the first round of post-season play is on Tuesday, and the team loses, no extra days are awarded.
2) If the team wins on Tuesday and advances to another game later in the same calendar week, days coached including additional games will be included.
Transportation will be provided to and from post-season competitions using the most economical transportation available as determined by the Activities Director.