1. Each head coach is allowed one pre-season meeting for the purpose of disseminating information to prospective participants, according to MSHSL rules.
2. Each head coach should hold this meeting at an appropriate time.
3. Coordinate the meeting through the Office of Student Activities and publicize it so that all interested parties may attend.
4. The meeting should contain information about the following items:
A. The starting date and times for practices.
B. What, if any, captain’s practices are planned. STRESS THAT THESE ARE OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE SAKE OF CONDITIONING AND WILL HAVE NO BEARING ON TEAM SELECTION.
C. The registration process including applicable fees.
D. The try-out and selection process.
E. Any anticipated fundraising activities (See Fundraising Policies).
F. Any other activity-specific information (Please provide a copy for the Activities Office).
The printing of informative material for distribution to program participants in which as much information as possible is presented to participants and parents is encouraged. Coaches and advisors are responsible for being consistent with department, district, conference, and state policies and procedures. Coaches and advisors should provide a review copy to the Activities Director prior to printing and/or distributing the booklets.
Preparation and printing costs may be charged to the budget of the individual activity.
EQUIPMENT ISSUE PROCEDURE
1. The coach is responsible for the issuance of all equipment, supplies, and uniforms in his/her activity.
2. The coach is responsible for the collecting, cleaning, inventory, repairing, and storing of all supplies.
3. Requests to use athletic equipment that is the property of HLWW High School must receive the approval of the office of the Activities Director.
1. Keys are to be checked out from the Activities Director Assistant/Office Manager
2. Duplication or loaning of keys is prohibited. Students are not to be given or loaned keys. Keys are to be checked back in at the end of the season. Extended key checkout will be examined on an individual basis.